Currently At The Ranch
Yeehaw - A New Season Begins!
Please call (502) 655-0845, if you are interested in volunteering. There are places available for all ages of 5 and up, view our Volunteer Opportunities page to learn more!
Please call to register. Children under 12 years old must have an adult parent present. This training is available March-May only for the 2015 seasons. In order to work with children and horses this summer, a 3 month training season must be completed. This also includes adults. Check the monthly calendar regularly for the ranch schedule updates.
PARKING– For the safety of all involved at the ranch, we ask that all vehicles park in the grass area (not past the gravel track) by the gate entrance. Please do not park on the street. Vehicles displaying a visible Handicapped Parking Permit may drive up the driveway only. Please be cautious, watching for children and horses. Staff and Sr. Volunteers please use the parking area at the house.
WHAT TO BRING– Participating Children: Layers of weather-appropriate clothes, a personal water bottle (to be stored at picnic area), sunscreen, closed-toe/heel shoes, pants if riding.
POLICIES– Please also see the Ranch Rules posted on the tack shed:
- All persons must have a current 2015 Release Form (click to download) on file, to be printed off and filled out before coming, or upon first visit.
- Volunteers must also have a current Volunteer Application (click to download).
- Adults must stay when child participating is under 12 years old. Siblings under 5 must be supervised by adults in playground area, or in car with adult. This is for your safety, as horses are moved around frequently. If no little ones to watch, please feel free to watch your children’s sessions from the picnic area.
- Failure to show up for a session without notice may forfeit your spot and be given to another child. We will not have our phones on us at the ranch, due to distraction, so please call ahead earlier in the day.
- All riders must wear helmets.
- Closed toe/heel shoes are required.
- No hand-feeding the horses.
- Clean up after yourself.
- You must have a leader with you to enter pens or buildings.